9930 Johnnycake Ridge Rd, Suite 2G 44060
Concord, OH
44060 USA

Cases When You Need a Burn Injury Expert Witness

September 23, 2011

Updated May 15, 2019

Burns result from electrocution, defective household products, home appliances, automobiles and even faulty smoke detectors. Half of all burn injuries could have been prevented. Each year in the United States 2 million people suffer burns. A burn injury expert witness can be valuable to help you prove negligence in your case as over 6,000 die from their injuries.

The debilitating aspect of burn injuries is the severity. Burns range from first degree (only the top layer of skin, the epidermis, is burned), second degree (the second layer of skin is also burned, resulting in blisters and painful swelling), third degree (damages and permanently destroys deeper tissues) and fourth degree (destroying skin, fat, muscle, and sometimes bone.)

Severity of a burn injury is based on:

  • Degree (depth)
  • Size (percentage of the skin affected)
  • Age of the injured person
  • Location of the burn on the body

Not only can severe burns result in permanent disability, they also carry a risk of infection. For many burn victims, long-term rehabilitation is crucial to the healing process. This can include physical therapy, occupational therapy, or even speech-language pathology.

Does Your Case Need an Expert?

Saponaro’s can refer a burn injury expert witness that can speak to every aspect of your burn injury case.

Our experts include:

  • Product Liability & Safety expert witnesses
  • Forensic Pathologists
  • Fire Investigators
  • Chemical Engineers
  • Accident Reconstruction expert witnesses
  • Plastic Surgeons

When negligence results in serious injuries, Saponaro can provide expert witnesses to speak on behalf of your case. Our burn injury expert witnesses can consult, review or testify for your lawsuit. Burn injury lawsuits often involve complex litigation. Our experts can help.

Contact Saponaro today to find the right burn injury expert witness for your case at (800) 327-3026.