February 12, 2019
A handwriting analyst plays a unique role in a court case. Their expertise lies in identifying similarities and differences from the document in question. They can analyze a handwritten note, for example, and look at aspects such as how it’s written, and the details in the writing.
February 1, 2019
Expert consultants are knowledgeable in their areas of specialization. and bring major advantages to your case strategy and are able to testify in the courtroom.
Before you even know if you should pursue a case, where do you go when you have questions you can’t answer? What if you have a straight forward, single issue you need help with before you can move forward?
January 24, 2019
There’s more to hiring testifying experts then selecting the first one you find and hoping for the best. A successful relationship with a testifying expert requires strategy. It requires forethought. It requires diligence. And it requires following the below steps before and during direct examinations.
January 10, 2019
Opioid addiction has reached crisis level in our country. Every day more than 115 Americans overdose on opioids – anything from prescription painkillers, to heroin and synthetic fentanyl. As the number suggests, this opens the door to thousands of court cases related to opioid addiction across the country each year.
It’s common for opioid addiction expert witnesses to be used in such cases, and as the addiction crisis worsens, the demand for addition experts increases. These types of experts often come from a variety of backgrounds and focus areas, including but not limited to:
- Addiction medicine experts
- Anesthesiology-pain management experts
- Child, adolescent and adult psychiatry experts
- Drug treatment programs/facilities
- Dual addiction
- Internal and family medicine experts
- Mental health experts
- Methadone treatment
- Pain medicine experts
- Pharmacology and drug development experts
- Toxicology experts
How to Work with Opioid Addiction Experts
An addiction expert can provide valuable consultation and/or testimony in a variety of ways. For example, if a case involves an opioid overdoes during addiction treatment, a medical toxicology expert with a focus on opioids can discuss proper dosage levels for narcotics patients.
On the other hand, if a case involves alleged improper detoxification practices, an addiction medicine expert can be used early in the case to consult and strategize with the attorneys, then testify during trial.
No matter how involved you choose to make your opioid addiction expert, there are certain strategies that can make your working relationship better:
- Engage with your expert early. The most expedient and cost-effective way to decide if you should pursue a particular case is to work with an addiction expert that can help identify the strengths and weaknesses of the case. In this scenario, opioid addiction experts can add input on often-valuable early-stage questions, such as whether the expert’s findings and opinions have implications for other parts of counsel’s legal strategy.
- Determine if your addiction expert meets both legal and practical requirements. Saponaro, Inc. will help ensure the expert fits your needs. We thoroughly screen your case with our experts to obtain the best available match. We also ensure that the expert works well with you – that they can meet your deadlines; that they communicate in your preferred method (phone versus email versus in-person); and that their schedule is flexible to meet your needs.
- Develop a winning strategy. The best experts work with the counsel to produce strategies that win court cases. Expert advice is often critical to making the most of fact discovery, and our experts can assist with framing discovery requests, identifying productive issues to investigate in depositions, and identifying the right personnel to depose.
- Know the experts fee schedule. Of course, your opioid addiction expert will charge you for their time assisting you on your case. However, a service that charges a flat fee for the referral, like Saponaro, Inc., will help control your costs. Our referral fee is more than competitive, and we do not invoice for our experts. Therefore, there are no hidden costs.
Find the Addiction Expert You Need
Saponaro, Inc. will recommend anexpert that has the best interest of your case in mind, and that iswhy we thoroughly screen your case with potential experts, in order to obtain the best available match for the specifics of your case.
When you’re ready, we have thousands of experts standing by to assist you with your case. Find one today.
December 27, 2018
Accidents resulting in serious injuries occur every day. There were 2.9 million injuries and illnesses reported by private industry employers in 2016, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. That’s 2.9 cases per 100 full time employees.
Why are these numbers significant? When workplace injuries occur and a workers’ compensation case opens, independent medical examiners (IMEs) play a crucial role. It is necessary for an independent physician to confirm the extent of the patient’s injuries.
December 20, 2018
It is surprising how many civil cases involve sports. From unsafe sports facilities and gear, to devastating sports injuries, to medical malpractice for concussion diagnosis and treatment – all of these can commonly involve the use of a sport expert witness to provide clarification and expert testimony.
December 3, 2018
As an attorney with years of experience in the legal industry, you know all about expert witnesses. You know when to hire one for a case. You know the pros and cons. And you know the benefits of having one. But have you perfected the art of establishing a convincing expert opinion?
November 26, 2018
Expert witnesses play a crucial role in a case, and many times your expert’s testimony will determine whether you win or lose the case. It’s a make or break situation, and you depend on trustworthy, reliable expert witnesses.
But what happens when an expert witness backs out of your case for some unforeseen event or circumstance? Or you encounter hesitancy or difficulty in trying to schedule your expert for trial? And worst-case scenario: what happens with the death of an expert witness?
November 19, 2018
For those who love watching television, there’s no shortage of binge-worthy legal dramas out there right now. Hollywood seems to produce one hit after another, and there’s something about a cast of characters centered around jury trials and court depositions that captivates audiences. Is it the drama? The suspense? The pure ridiculousness?
As a professional in the legal industry, you probably critique every legal drama you watch. “That would never happen,” you say as you roll your eyes. Sometimes, however, you may watch a show that’s more realistic than ridiculous, and it may even give you ideas for your next trial.
November 8, 2018
Most healthcare providers are dedicated to the safety and well-being of their patients. Despite that effort, sometimes things go wrong. Some patients fall victim to healthcare negligence and turn to the legal system for help. Attorneys can examine a medical malpractice case to determine if they should pursue it.