May 3, 2016
Practicing nurses and/or nurse paralegals can serve as expert witnesses in legal cases and can also help attorneys address many aspects of their cases. This service, known as concierge nursing, utilizes practicing nurses and/or nurse practitioners as expert witnesses in legal cases and to guide attorneys through all the aspects of their case, from record review and chronologies; to recommendations for types of medical experts required to pursue a case; to deposition and/or testimony on the nursing standards of care. These assignments are on a case-by-case basis, and the extent of nursing assistance required is determined by the attorney’s particular case needs.
Concierge nursing can be beneficial in providing the following services:
- Organize and interpret records and charts.
- Explain medical terminology; point out potential areas of improper care.
- Recommend the type of medical experts required to assist on a case.
- Consult with the attorney on the preparation of a Notice of Intent, an Affidavit of Merit, and/or a Certificate of Merit.
At Saponaro Inc., concierge nursing is used to:
- Assist with the screening of new cases for medical merit.
- Identify and elaborate on established standards of care.
- Locate causation and describe damage.
- Conduct research and summarize medical literature.
- Assemble timelines of medical events and discover discrepancies.
- Provide education on medical facts and issues to legal parties.
- Discover missing documents and provide the specific request to obtain those records.
- Act as an expert witness.
- Assist with many more legal tasks that require the specialized expertise of a registered nurse, such as assisting with questions for a deposition.
Need a concierge nurse? Request yours now!
We specialize in working with attorneys with an area of focus on medical malpractice, personal injury and product liability, toxic torts, and workers’ compensation. Nursing services include:
- In-depth review of cases for merit, which can reduce the expense on non-meritorious files.
- Organize, tab, paginate, as well as summarize, and interpret medical records.
- Research of credible scientific Medical literature.
- Prepare chronologies, as well as a Notice of Intent.
- Assess injuries and identify causation issues and contributing factors.
- Assist with the preparation of an Affidavit of Merit and/or a Certificate of Merit for your medical experts.
What makes Saponaro, Inc. different from other concierge nursing services?
We can provide individualized concierge nursing services to our attorney-clients, because each client has a unique way in working up a potential case, and our concierge nursing service will insure that we meet the specific requirements of your case, assist with the successful outcome, and you only pay for the specific services your case requires.
Our professional nurses have the education, training, and clinical experience to accurately assess the standards of care, as well as point out causation and damages, as your first step in determining how to best pursue your medical-legal case.
Let the support of Saponaro, Inc.’s concierge nursing service help you optimize the outcome of your case.