March 3, 2015
Police Officers, DEA Special Agents, and other Law Enforcement individuals will provide expert testimony during civil and criminal litigation. The FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting Program estimated Law Enforcement made 11.3 million arrests in 2013. The highest numbers of arrests were for drug abuse violations, larceny-theft, or driving under the influence.
The office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention reported a total of 1.3 million juvenile arrests in 2012. The majority of juvenile delinquent crimes that year involved drugs, theft and assaults.
An experienced Law Enforcement expert witness can save you time and money by analyzing a case with an experienced attorney. Also, an expert in that field will testify in court as well as depositions to share relevant behind-the-scenes information that is not known to a judge or jury.
Law Enforcement experts are available (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Arrest, Search and Seizure
- Policies and Procedures
- Detention Center
- Excessive Use of Force
- Informant Handling Procedures
- Firearms Misuse and Wrongful Shooting
- Jail, Security, Prison and Correctional Care
- Police Standards and Practices
- Pepper Spray Or Taser Misuse
- Police Misconduct
- Premise Security Issues
- Wrongful Imprisonment
- High Speed Vehicle Pursuits and Chases
- Law Enforcement Policies and Procedures
- Failure to Supervise
The role of a Law Enforcement or Police Officer expert witness in a case includes (but is not limited to):
- Court Testimony – A Police Practice expert witness may provide testimony in court for police misconduct litigation. The participation of one of these experts in a case that involves excessive force may alter the nature of the litigation due to their specialized knowledge.
- Case Analysis – A Law Enforcement consultant will conduct a preliminary analysis to formulate supported opinions, and determine the merits of a case.
- Deposition – During the discovery phase of a lawsuit, Law Enforcement experts can provide a deposition to a court reporter.
For over 40 years, Saponaro, Inc. has been a trusted name in expert witness referral, having successfully placed experts in over 25,000 cases. We will find the perfect consultant or expert to fit the needs of your case. Let us handle the paperwork and administrative duties so you can save time and money.